floor plan map

I would like to have a live image of the building floor plan in the lower right hand of the screen with a the players location during game mode. I saw over the summer a post about doing something similar but can no longer find it. Does anyone know how I would go about creating a blueprint that would do these functions?

The strategy game template has a minimap. Can’t remember if that was all blueprint, but it is the only official example I know of. There have been a few other minimaps floating around the forums and answerhub too.

The strategy game uses a camera that is zoomed out far above the level if I remember correctly. If you wanted to create something a little more simple you might make an image/representation of your floor plan match your level, and then create a grid that keeps track of your player and his position in the level and converts it to a marker on the minimap.

I have looked into the minimap from the strategy game but the information I need to recreate it isn’t in the blueprint. I couple months back there was a conversation over a similar method I want to do but I only end up with errors after recreating the map.

I also followed a video on youtube to get started so the camera I setup is positioned at the top looking down instead of on the side like what was done in the video. e12861572ba472cb3aa9d829b526b1626cc69ac6.jpeg

I figure there are some compatibility issues between these two tutorials but I don’t know enough to see where those issues lie.

Could someone help?