Float to Text - Incorrect Precision

When converting a float to text and using a maximum fractional digits of 0 I’m seeing two digits after the decimal in the output on screen.

Hi Thomas -

Thank you for your report. I will begin investigation into this issue as soon as possible. If I am unable to reproduce the problem, or I need more information, I or another staff member will follow up with some additional questions for you. Otherwise, I will post an ‘Answer’ once I have logged the issue in our bug database or we have a solution for it.

In the meantime, please be sure to review our suggestions for how to report a bug, and feel free to edit your post if you have additional information to provide:

How do I report a bug? - Programming & Scripting - Epic Developer Community Forums

Thank you.

Eric Ketchum

Hey Thomas -

Can you give me the exact steps you used to get this bug as well as the engine version you are using, including whether binary or compiled?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

Using a Float to Text cast into a HUD Draw Text node in a blueprint only project with the decimal precision set to 0 results in a number such as 4.6 being rendered as 4.00 - sorry if the original bug report lacked specificity.

See above comment.

Hi Thomas -

Just to clarify I am using a To Text (Float) node and setting the Maximum Fractional Digits to Zero will only return the Integral Digits. I want to make sure this is exactly how you are reproducing this error:

Let me know if you are using a different method to achieve this bug. Currently in the 4.3 release I am not able to reproduce this bug.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

This works fine in the PIE but it is broken on mobile devices. Instead of outputting a truncated integer I’m getting 100.00 (two decimals to the right of the period.) Still happening in 4.3.1

Hey Thomas -

Can you let me know what type of mobile device you are seeing this on iOS or Android and if Android can you let me know the make and model number of the device?

Thank You

Eric Ketchum

iOS - iPhone 5, iOS 7.1.2

Hey Thomas -

I was finally able to track down the bug and can confirm that it has been fixed in the 4.4.0 preview. Moving forward you should not have this problem, if it recurs please let us know.

Thank You

Eric Ketchum