flickering lights with material

Hi guys,

I have a question related to a 3D game environment I made in Unreal, it’s an abandoned hospital and I made a basic blueprint script to make the light actors flicker in the level, here is what it looks like:

The way i did my setup is that the lights are meshes which i applied an emissive material to, and I added a rect light below them to cast an actual light, and I used those rect lights in blueprint to make them flicker.

My problem right now is that the rect light actors flicker correctly but the emissive material on the light mesh remains on, is there a way in blueprint to make the emissive attribute of my light material follow the flickering of the light actors?

Here’s what my level looks like with debug info on: Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Here is my basic blueprint setup:Imgur: The magic of the Internet
Here’s my light mesh material: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Any helps is appreciated.
Thanks!

Dynamic instanced material, add parameter for emmisive. Change parameter from blueprints.

Would you mind giving me an example on how to do this please? I am a beginner in blueprints and unreal in general, i don’t know how to expose a parameter in a material and make changes to it in blueprint.

Thanks for your help.

Edit: Following Nawrot’s suggestion, i’ve been digging around trying to figure it out by myself but I did something wrong.

I started by exposing the intensity multiplier of my emissive material like so: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Then I selected my lights fixture actor in the world and made a blueprint from it, this is the construction script in order to set the dynamic material parameter: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Then I tried making an event script similar to the one for the flickering lights, but for the emissive material this time: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

But for some reason the emissive material doesn’t flicker at all.

Anyone knows where i messed up?

This thread can be closed, i figured it out but I have a new issue seperate from this and i will be making a new thread about it to avoid confusion

Care to share how you did it? as im trying to do the same

Yes those nodes definitely works