Download

Flashing item material

Hey, I’ve made a material for my item so that it constantly flashes, but I want to make the item flash like in games such as Wolfenstein & FarCry. I can’t find a video but the best way to describe it would be a white line running from one side to the other side quickly, and I only want it to do this every 4-5 seconds or something, not constantly. I’ve attached my current material flash. Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

ue4forumshelp79.PNG

Anyone good with the materials side? I’ve just searched and gone through a video to try and show what I mean, so if you go to 6:15 of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AGP27bWqCs Every few seconds or so it does this white flash which goes from one side to the other side of the mesh. Thanks :slight_smile:

You might want to throw this under Rendering. You may get some results there.

You could use a texture and a panner plugged into emissive to get a wave-like flash, though it would depend on your UVs to look good. Not quite sure how to delay it for 4-5 seconds, but I’m sure there’s some way to mess with the time input to the panner, or toggle the whole effect based on time.

Ah okay I’ll try it on there :slight_smile: and thanks