Fixed! UE5.1 (preview2) Switchboard not launching Multi-User Server

When launching Switchboard in 5.1 (preview2) it was not creating the Multi-User Server. We tried to manually create it within the editor yet even when we used the same name as the one in Switchboard it gave us an error that told us it didn’t match.

The solution: Disable “Launch Multi-user server in UI mode” in the Switchboard settings

Hope this helps, and happy preview version testing to you all!

1 Like

Looks like this persisted into the release of 5.1. But your workaround works AND saved me more than a bit of hassle. Thanks for posting!!

THANK YOU!!

I tried this but it didn’t help.
I get a command prompt window that says "Multi-User Editing Server Initialized (Name:…)

But the actual editor keeps saying “Looking for Server” and there’s no Server listed in the Multi-User Browser. What’s going on? Anyone have any ideas?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting this. Been battling this bug for a day now. @EpicGamesVirtualProd - it would be great to include this in documentation :wink:

We actually found a solution [for us at least]… in the switchboard settings there is a dropdown which selects the network adapter, as soon as we chose the relevant adapter, switchboard started the session correctly…

Hopefully this will help someone in the future

This is such a frustrating bug, any idea how we can resolve it as the UI is actually useful… ?

Nick