Fix weird glitchy lighting on door?

298032-ezgifcom-video-to-gif.gif

Hello, I have an apartment as level. In some of the rooms, the doors receive lighting from a directional light that acts as the sun (I also place complementary point lights inside to perfect the lighting). On some doors, the light is reflected correctly, however, on specific doors I get a weird glitchy lights that twitches. Any idea how to fix this? thank you. I’ll include a video in gif format showing the problem.

From my experience that looks like you have some double planes in your model, creating 2 lightmaps, so when you move the different planes move, and show different lighting

Ok, I know this might be a dumb question but how exactly would I do that? Tried googling it and I get different results. Thanks

It’s fine, that’s why answerhub is here : ) . What you need to do is open your model in blender or something and go into edit mode, and right click and click remove vertices by distance, and it will remove any double vertices/faces that are in your model

Alright, I’ll try it and see what I can do. Thanks !

anytime my discord is CapnC4ke#9414, if you need any help

Thanks for the discord. Anyway I opened the mesh on blender and found these two weird objects. Maybe they have to do with it, should I delete them?

Those are bones, don’t delete them, they are probably used for the hinge and the door handle, all you need to do, is select the mesh, hit “TAB”, and hit “1”, then hit “A”, then right click → merge vertices → by distance, and now your model should be good.

I did it but it only worsen the glitch, now all doors have it XD. I’ll contact the guy who made the assets and see if he can help. Thanks a lot anyway.