Fix the Unreal Tournament 4 Setup Errors

I realize Unreal Tournament 4 is a long dormant (dead) project, but currently there’s no way for the community to access the complete project files. I believe there is at least some interest in accessing this project from the community (based on numerous comments I’ve seen around the internet encountering the same issue over the last couple years), and I think it is worth restoring now that the community has grown.

In the setup process outlined on Github, you need to run a Setup.bat file to obtain all of the assets. When you run this, however, it returns 403 forbidden errors.

To reproduce this, go to the Github for Unreal Tournament and follow the steps outlined and you’ll see what I mean:

Downloading the Unreal Tournament project:

• Download the project by clicking the Download ZIP button on this page. * Unzip the files to a folder on your computer.
  • Run the Setup.bat file in the directory you’ve created. This will download the necessary binary content not stored on GitHub. The setup process fails here, as running this file returns 403 errors.
  • Run UE4PrereqSetup_x64.exe from the Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us folder. This will install any other dependencies that might be missing. This folder doesn’t appear to exist, I suspect it is downloaded in the above step.

Thanks for reading!

Hey. There are patched versions out there for the people that still enjoy playing. Search github, communities etc