Fix RPM cut-off Chaos Vehicle when drifting/losing traction

Hey, my first post on here but I’ve been actively following different threads on this topic for the past couple months.

I’m working on a racing game using Chaos Vehicles, while it’s been very tough to get them to feel right handling wise, I’m almost at a point where I’m very satisfied with the result. One thing that’s missing for the drift handling is the ability to keep high RPM’s through corners, as soon as you lose traction and enter a drift/take a deep corner the RPM and torque completely drops. From my understanding this is something that you can’t bypass using the variables within Chaos using Blueprints. Someone mentioned it might be possible by tweaking the C++ code of the component, but I’m not familiar with how that works at all.

Has anyone found a solution or workaround to this issue? I’m down to try any hacky method you might have. I’m using UE 5.1.

Thanks!

Sorry for bothering you but how did you manage to keep the car constantly drifting? I’ve been strugling for so long to make this works using blueprint, but when I decrease the SideFriction the car doesnt have enough power , seems like messing around with the cornering stiffness is the way to go, but again, i couldn’t do using blueprints