Fix for UE-107863: RichText widgets in Retainer boxes broken in 4.26

4.26 has an issue where widgets inside RetainerBoxes have incorrect positioning and take up incorrect space. This is tracked in:

I have verified that this is caused by the following commit:
https://github.com/EpicGames/UnrealEngine/commit/1a2df706f365a246857edeeab0ed5bbb6421a976

Reverting this commit fixes the issue on our project, but I do not know if that has other side effects.

Numerous users are affected by it, so all of us would be thankful if you could apply this fix or an equivalent in the next hotfix for 4.26.

Thanks!

1 Like

Looks like it won’t be fixed until UE5, which aims to release on early 2022…

Did anyone find a temporal fix?

Thanks!

The commit also breaks rendering of progress bars within retainer boxes. Reverting the engine code to to previous logic seems to fix it which I have done to my local UE5 Early Access code. I don’t see any changes in UE4 or UE5 Main streams that address this yet.

Just a heads up for anyone visiting this forum post. I’ve experienced the same error and this commit seems to fix it for me though. It adds a console variable Slate.EnableRetainedRenderingWithLocalTransform` which is true by default. If you run the following command:

Slate.EnableRetainedRenderingWithLocalTransform 0

the weird render bugs should go away and everything looks as I’d expect it to be.

5 Likes

Just wanted to mention that setting this to 0 seems to break any kind of animations (transforms) happening inside retainer boxes. In my case i had a set of rings spinning inside one another and the moment i resized the window (i.e. changed the scale in anyway) all the axis would go haywire and get random offsets.

1 Like

still broken in 5.3
apparently is targetted for 5.4