Fishing Rods are a Range Weapon so not E iarc rated, Oceans give Battle Royale Loot

Concerning iarc rating of E for Everyone, Fishing Rods are no longer accepted as E for Everyone iarc rating, this seems ridiculous. They should be categorized as Gadgets. Not much is accepted into E for everyone as it is, no weapons are aloud in E rated maps, only gadgets.

As well, Ocean Blueprint automatically when fished from will give Battle Royale loot. I am not talking about a fishing hole, automatically from a Ocean by default and there is no way of changing this atm.

Requesting that fishing rods should be categorized as gadgets, not range weapons, and oceans should give fish only, not battle royale loot (which is a current loop hole to no weapons in E for everyone iarc ratings)

@Shawk Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like

The issue is the fishing rod can grab someone and pull them off a building for example. i have sat and seen vids on tiktok and laughed for ages so the rod itself can eliminate someone hence i think they changed.

The part you mention about fishing weapons ect i fully understand and agree with. In one of my maps its a tycoon so no guns ect yet you can fish a ak47 out the water. This got rejected with the iarc due to this and it took ages for me to work out the issue. It should not allow any thing to be fished unless you have the fishing hole device and i thought that was why that was added

1 Like

ya exactly, makes sense, hopefully we get a fishing rod without the grab feature etc so we can use fishing again in E rated maps

i wouldn’t mind if we could just get fish from an ocean without the fishing hole even, although one work around i have found is just making a fishing hole’s interaction volume fill the entire map which works around this issue

better would be a parameter to the ocean blueprint like we have with fishing holes so we can remove or configure oceans