First Official Unreal Engine 4 Archviz Project

Hi everyone,

I made an archviz project on ue4. I know that i have to learn so many things especially about lighting. But can you give me some comments about this project. Your comments are so important for me to raise our quality of future projects…

Thanks…

Any comment? :smiley:

maybe start to learn how lightning and shadows work? Its always important to understand how things work behind the machine.
[HR][/HR]
I’m just a random person that spends his time to help others. You can support me by watching this and show your gratitude, thanks a lot :

increase your texture memory streaming pool lol, you have a notification in the video!!!

[QUOTE=CO-der;659619]
maybe start to learn how lightning and shadows work? Its always important to understand how things work behind the machine.
[HR][/HR]
I’m just a random person that spends his time to help others. You can support me by watching this and show your gratitude, thanks a lot :https://youtube.com/watch?v=2y1NkxlwRWo[/QUOTE]

i dont understand what u mean :smiley:

yeah thats makes me unhappy how can i hide that warning?

By default, unreal allocate a memory streaming poolsize of 1gb of video ram. You can raise it with the console command r.Streaming.PoolSize 2000 (or a higher value if you have a good gpu with alot of vram). When your texture memory is full, some textures and lightmaps will fail to load, or flicker, etc. Increasing it will remove the notification.

it should solve these shading errors

My 2C:

-1st C: Make environments sounds more quiet indoors.
-2nd C: Add modeling details wherever you can. Glass pannels never go 90 angle without something supporting them. Also, add skirting boards.

I didnt know that before. That’s really super hiper awesome information about my future projects. Thanks dude!!!

1st CA: Thanks for your comments. How can i decrease the sound indoors? Because it’s already an ui sound but i still hear same voice in indoors.
2nd CA: There are also some skirting boards in first floor but you are right about second floor. But i didnt understand what you mean exactly glass pannels 90 angle… Can you be much clear please?

Thanks guys both of you :slight_smile:

Hey bro!

I guess you need to study lighting. Your video doesn’t look like real. Sorry but it’s too far away from real looking. Read and watch tutorials about archviz and lighting. Add some detail and focus pbr materials.

Hi again i made a change about streaming pool value to 2gb and this is the result

http://i.hizliresim.com/DBp1X6.jpg

I watched a lot of tutorial but i think the good render depends on good design, quality materials and lighting… I have to work hard…

1. Your video would look a lot more professional if you recorded it from camera animations instead of a walkthrough.

2. The thing that stands out to me the most on the exterior is the shading of the leaves. It looks very flat and the shadows are too harsh.
    You should get some photo reference from actual trees and try to match it to that.

3. Your lighting in general could improve quite a bit. For that its probably best to do a lot of small projects that you 100% base on photo reference. This will help you train your observation skills.

Great start though! Keep at it and you will get there!

First of all thank you for your attention and interest…

Here my answers;

1.) I dont understand what you mean “if you recorded it from camera…” The building is doesnt exist right now that’s why there is no place to record
2.) You are definitely right about shading of the leaves. But these are evermotion’s archmodels tree pack. Why evermotion didnt made them correctly. Why i need to change them? And also do i have to change all materials of leaves? And second thing that i dont know where to change the power of shadow. Please teach me those :slight_smile:
3.) Thanks for your advice about photo reference…

1. he meant placing an unreal camera with pre-determinated tracks. It gives a much smoother and professionnal result. You can have very slow movement, and camera effects like depth of field, etc. A cinematic approach is always better.

is there a video tutorial about that system?

It might be overwhelming at first if you have absolutely no idea what matinee was… but this is the new unreal cinematic system. it’s called sequencer.

hi!
it was a good start as your first work but i have a question!
why did u use 2 suns??