First Hour tutorial - Migrating level problem

Hello all,

Working my way through the “First hour with Unreal” tutorial and ran into a problem trying to migrate the “Learning Kit Game Showcase Level” at 7:53 seconds of the “Working with additional assets” video. Whenever I try to migrate that level UE5 freezes up and crashes. I
was curious to see if anyone else is having that issue or if it’s something systemic with my setup. Could be system specific, but I’m not finding any solutions.

Thanks for the time and info.

Cheers,

Same here. Are you using 5.0 as well? I wonder if that’s the issue since the tutorial is made for an older version.

Yep. Using 5.0 as well. I had the same issue with the early access version and assumed it was a bug or something with my setup. Can’t seem to find any work arounds though.

I have the same issue as well , using UE5 and it totally freezes upon migrating assets

Solved! I downloaded an older version of Unreal and it worked. I guess we should all be learning Unreal 4.26.2 for now.

Thanks for the info!

I should have clarified and/or mentioned that in my initial post. Migrating assets is working for me in 4.27, but not in 5.0. I build all my own systems so I was initially thinking it could be something specific with my setup but, since some other folks are having the same problem it may just be a temporary issue in 5.0. Either that or the content that I was using for the first hour tutorial which, I think was made for 4.2x. Can’t recall right off and I’m out of town.

I’m going to try migrating assets in some other projects using 5.0 when I get back and will report back.

Cheers,

It looks like there is a bug in 5.0 where it tries to migrate over the content from plugins with the project and since this project is using the Niagara plugin and the Content from it, it tries to move over the content that is being used from that plugin as well. If you tell it NO on this screen it should migrate correctly.

1050_m03_bugfix

4 Likes

Perfect. Thanks for the info ! Much appreciated.

It looks like there is a bug in 5.0 where it tries to migrate over the content from plugins with the project and since this project is using the Niagara plugin and the Content from it, it tries to move over the content that is being used from that plugin as well. If you tell it NO on this screen it should migrate correctly.

1050_m03_bugfix

This worked for me…I was able to migrate multiple assets using 5.0 this morning

1 Like

Had similar issue when watching UnrealSensei’s 5hr tutorial

to be exact in 3:24:27 , I got similar question
2022-05-16_14h17_07

and when I press YES, it will just not responding, goes to ‘unknown unfinished processing’.
After googled and found this topic, and answer no…
finally begin for copying process:

OMG!

Worked for me too using 5.0. Apparently they haven’t fixed the bug yet.

nice game, I liked it.

Worked for me. Thanks.
Ver. 5.0.2

Came here bc of this exact same screenshot. Thanks!

I know that other people have had this GENERAL problem and have asked about this. However, everyone else has seemed to find a solution. When I try to migrate the map from LearningKit, I get the Niagara problem. Uncheck Niagara. Only Game is checked. Fine. But when I go to migrate and it gives the message about assets already existing and click “yes to all”, NOTHING will migrate and it says 0 files were copied and the error log is a whole long list of literally everything. Because clicking “no to all” here and NOTHING is copied. Help.

Nevermind. I downloaded 5.1 and now everything works fine.