FInterp To not smoothing out.

Hi all! I’m facing an issue where Finterp to does not perform a smooth change. Essentially, I have a spline, along which my character is moving. I have setup a timeline to smooth out the trip. There are several spots along the spline, where the speed needs to gradually decrease.

I have done this using the Play Rate of the Timeline, as shown in the image bellow. No matter how I setup the interp speed and what values I input for it, it still jumps to from the high speed to the low speed, instead of gradually slowing down.

I’ve tried checking other threads which tackled similar issues, but none had the same example as mine and their solutions did not work. Any insight as to what could be the issue here, will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Ahhh, I see. Now I understand. Thank you very much for the explanation! :slight_smile:

If you want to gradually change speed, a curve within the timeline ( or another ) would be good.

Finterp, is not gradual. It basically jumps to half way, then half of that, etc…

In that way, finterp will approach the target very quickly, but slow down increasingly as the target approaches.

Hi, I have a similar problem. I am trying to have a smooth acceleration and deceleration on my vehicle, but by using the finterp node the final value does not reach the max speed (either the high one or the low one). The values reach its original target only if i set up the interp speed more than 10.
How can I make it happen? Should i have to use another node or nodes combination?

And this is where I store the “current speed”.