FInterp To in a function not working!?

Hi,
you all know the “trick” to store the “Interp To”-output in a variable and put this variable in the current-Input.
I try this in a function with a local variable but this doesnt work!
Why?

kr,
d.

Interp functions normally need to be run on tick, on a loop or from a timeline’s update, is this the case here?

I wrote “in a function”.
And of course Interp need a tick… but thats not the point.
Interp doesnt work correct with local variables in a function to store current/output - thats the problem!

Ok… I was diligent :wink:
Look at the screenshot.
I create a very simple BP that generates interpolated values every second between 0 and 1.
With a normal variable it works perfect.
The other both versions generates just values around 0.02… like you use the “FInterp To” without a variable.
I hope anyone can understand what I mean. :slight_smile:

Over 7 years later, I’m experiencing the same issue. What’s the proper workflow for achieving this? It would be very elegant to use a function with interps instead of creating a bunch of new variables for every single parameter that I’m trying to interpolate.

You need to show a screenshot for your issue to be troubleshot.

1 Like

The issue is that I was using a local variable to run the interp inside a function… I now understand that local variables are re-init whenever the function is called… making this approach incompatible with interp which requires to be run at every tick…

1 Like