Finished programming my game, I am now completely lost on where to start with level design?

Hey good folks from the UE4 forums! :rolleyes:

As a programmer I truly don’t have any experience with level design! I am currently using just BSP and materials to block out my level and flush my vision out, and so far so good! However as the title suggest I am finished with programming the systems in my game, and want to to start with level design. And that’s where the problem lies…

As someone who has worked with a large team previously, I am now completely solo and have NO EXPERIENCE with 3D modelling, texturing, etc.

What I’m asking for is if you have any resources or a good starting point to start down learning this new world of level design in UE4 that would be fantastic! :slight_smile:

Thank you for the help! I watched quite a few of them and they are certainly helpful, I even did a 4 hour level design tutorial which helped a ton!
I think what I’m truly looking for now is where to get started with modeling, are there any resources you or someone else can point me towards to get started? :slight_smile:

Thank you Franktech! This is an amazing write up and I’ll certainly save it for future help! This is exactly what I was looking for.

The game I’m making is an “RPG Light” small project. The premise is more focused on deep RPG mechanics, a small world, and witty writing rather than graphics. BSP and materials almost perfectly resemble the simple art style I’m wanting to go for. This makes me hopeful that 3D modelling hopefully simple modular building sets will be fairly easy! Again, thank you for the help and I hope to update you on my project as I continue