Finding a component's owner

Hey folks. I’ve got an actor throwing hit events on begin play that shouldn’t be happening.

Running a PrintString from the Other pin on EventHit returns “None” and running it from the OtherComp pin gives me “ModelComponent_138” as the culprit. Is there any way to hunt down what is responsible for this false hit result using that information?

You could take the “OtherComp” pin and get “Attached Parent” or “Parent Components”. The the second one you would need a For Each Loop. You can than print their Display Names.

But why don’t you know what calls a hit Event on Begin Play? Have you tested disconnecting all your Hit Events one by one to track it down?

Is some of your Blueprints hitting itself because of a false settings in the collision tab?

It was hitting the floor (actor) I had set up because I hadn’t made sure it was completely grounded in the editor. Feeling kinda silly right now, honestly.

It’s ok. I mark this question as resolved then. If you still have a questiom just reopen it with a comment.

If it makes you feel any better, the other day I was scratching my head wondering why something wasn’t firing only to realize it was never being called :stuck_out_tongue: