Find origin of print string

Okay, try not to laugh too hard at me for this one guys and gals.

When i click play, i get a message saying “completed” in the print string, Its clearly something i have used for debugging in the past, and… i cant find where it comes from.

Any tips on finding where it’s coming from??? :confused:

2 Likes

one way would be to use find results.

When on a blueprint screen go to the bottom and type “print string” in the find results field. it will give you a list off all of the print string references in the blueprint. you can double click on reference and it will take you to the where the print screen is in the blueprint. do this for each of your blueprints until you have located it!

2 Likes

Thanks for the responses, I’ve never noticed the “find in current blueprint only” check box before. and wow, It turns out im really untidy with my print strings/debugging.

Really appreciate the help all, thank you.

lmfao welcome to the club. Or I guess you should welcome me to the club since I’m 6 years late to the post. Thank you @AntiGravity and @beanswaggle for the answers <3

1 Like

So you if you open Output Log, you’ll see:
LogBlueprintUserMessages: [name of class] string printed
…telling you which class it is. As long as that option is on as it is by default. Really helpful when you’ve decided to print nothing more than a number somewhere :face_in_clouds:

10 Likes

Thank you, Astaraa! You saved my time. I even forgot I implemented a Print String into my Stats_Components and after 30 minutes of searching manually I found your comment!

2 Likes

This is definitely the “correct” way to find the string.

1 Like