Filesystem, user can upload image to the game?

Hello,

I am a new user of UE, I am wondering if there is a way to enable the end-user to upload special image inside the game, something like file system.

Scenario:
In the game, user would like to upload special image for his profile, choosing one is not already in the game inventory?

Thanks in advanced

Hello Mr J,

You could use the Download image node. I have provided an example below. I hope this information helps.

Example:

In this example I have used the down load image node to search for a file path on my computer (To find a file you will need to use file:/// following by the file path that you are looking for). I then took the image and created a variable to hold the information.

I then created a binding that used that stored texture to create a brush for an image in my widget.

Make it a great day

This is very cool, it would be great if there was an Upload Image node too.

Please am net to ue4, how did you get image 82 and its target with all the inputs.
Thanks

Hello Cleec,

If you are new to UE4 and would like to learn more about UMG, I would suggest following the link below. I have provided a link to the UMG documentation. As for the image 82, this was an image that I added to the designer tab of my widget interface. I then dragged off the pin from the reference in the event graph and got the slate brush for the image. I hope that this information helps.

Link: UMG UI Designer for Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.1 Documentation

Make it a great day

Thanks for the early response,
Sorry, I still don’t understand how the variable that connected to the make slate brush was created. I used victory plugin, it worked on the editor but failed to package, same was the web browser plugin. The project packaged when they were not included. I use unreal 4.10.2

Thanks

Please read over the documentation that was provided. The documentation covers the basics for how to use UMG. As for any issues that you have concerning a third party plugin, they will need to be addressed by that plugin’s creator. We do not provide support for unofficial plugins. I believe the creator of the victor plugin is , please contact him for further assistance regarding the victor plugin.

Thank you so much for this solution!
I have one more question - is there a way to Upload file to a URL?

Hi Rudy,

Thanks for the above but can what Mr. J was originally asking for be accomplished today? I.e. Let’s say this game is for PC, can you open a file browse to select the image and pass that url to the download image node? Or, say this was an iOS game, does the ue4 iOS integration allow for browsing a user’s media?

Is it posible to do the same with a mesh?

1 Like