Hi, I have read a topic about feigning death on answer hub How would my pawn go Ragdoll and then back to animations? - UE4 AnswerHub , but still got problems with correct setup of feign death sequence.
Engine ver: 4.2.1
Here is my setup:
- Remember some variables for later use: skeletal mesh component, collision capsule component.
- Set simulate physics on skeletal mesh component - start ragdoll.
- Stop movement, otherwise the character will be moved when I decide to stop feign death.
- Turn off collision and simulation on skeletal mesh component
- Set relative location on capsule component, the capsule component stays in the position where ragdoll started, so move capsule to ragdoll position.
- Reset relative rotation and location on the skeletal mesh component to default values, otherwise whole skeletal mesh would be upside down
- Set isgetting up flag, to start blending from physics to animation.
- Scale a little DeltaTime to slow down physics blend weight
- Set blend weight on all bodies if physics blend weight >= 0.f
It seems blending physics to animation doesn’t work with turned off collisions on skeletal mesh component.
Of course I also tested blending with working collisions and it seems blending is working, but whole character is spinning around like helicopter rotor ;), dunno why, maybe this is caused by collisions with ground or something.
Any ideas what is wrong here?