fees epic (5%)

someone has more than $ 3,000 in sales and experience made with the 5% that you then have to pay at Epic. How the proceeds it is complicated or simple?

Unfortunately, I find nothing to the Internet.

LG

This site will give you all needed information: https://www.unrealengine/release :slight_smile:

“Once you’ve begun collecting money for your product, you’ll need to track gross revenue and pay a 5% royalty on that amount after the first $3000 per game per calendar quarter.”

Have you had experience with it?

They are doing a twitch broadcast on business and legal right now. ://www.twitch.tv/unrealengine

You don’t need experience with it. After your product starts making more than $3000 per 4 months in single year. You start paying 5%. Or… in other words if your product reach these $3000 profit you own epic $150 from that moment. At $6000, $300
and so on…

It includes all kind of income.

Actually you pay 5% from profit that **exceeds ** $3000. So if your game makes $3’500 you exclude $3’000 and then pay 5% from the rest.

Yeah it works like a tax bracket. You only pay on the money that exceeds $3000 per quarter. I would recommend reading the EULA. It has a very detailed explanation of that is and isn’t counted towards this and what to do when you release your game.

Hello friends, don’t mind my unusual commentary, so this is my first time commenting on this thread. But concerning the 5% royalty deal on game projects and application, does that only apply to games projects alone? Or everything else as a whole? Concerning film, architecture, stimulation and visualization???

Here you can get more information: https://www.unrealengine/faq :slight_smile:
A. No royalties are due on the following:**
•Ancillary products, including t-shirts, CDs, plushies, action figures and books. The exception is items with embedded data or information, such as QR codes, that affect the operation of the product.
•Consulting and work-for-hire services using the engine. This applies to architects using the engine to create visualizations as well as consultants receiving a development fee.
•Linear media, including movies, animated films and cartoons distributed as video.

•Cabinet-based arcade games and amusement park rides.
•Truly free games and apps (with no associated revenue).