[Feedback] I published my level BP as zipped up text file on my website ...

If anyone wanna check it out and please send feedback if you have time and don’t mind.
Thank you :slight_smile:

http://worldofclouds.com/thelittledrone2.html

Hi Grott3 its a commercial game product so I cant share the assets.
Its just a copy and paste of the node setups in the level BP.
Its a small game with just one level.
Thank you for your time :slight_smile:

I think the issue is that even pasting that in won’t work without the required assets and variables and that it would take an hour or so to set up all the missing things. why not just release an Alpha if you want people to test it? packaged EXE instead of the source…

I think I have had enough responses so far to get a pretty good idea how I can do it better next game. I am kicking off on a next one middle this week. I think it would be more worth it to try and do that one better scripting wise and then share its BPies. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Grot13 thanks for the notes and advice.
I can tell you everything works rock solid so I wont make any big changes at this point.
I am doing the audio for the game at the moment and then I am shipping it.
Thanks for the note on the can use multiple object and actor references on the same node graph.
I thought it would be a good idea to use one only once and then just pipe out form it to wherever it is needed but it proved to turn out a pretty messy strategy.
So next time I wont have freeways of noodles going all over the place :slight_smile:
I will add your comments to my notes for the next time which will start around mid next week.
Thanks again for taking the time :slight_smile:
There are certain operations coded in the Pawn class BPies so its kinda split up between Level BP and Pawn BPies.

Also a quick note.
I know the delays are bad.
If the game frame rate or thread slows down then those delays wont be accurate.
I am using ONLY in non critical moments.
In other words like the little doors close after a pickup is pulled inside the drone by the claw.
So it the game runs slow or fast then if the doors close a little later or little too soon it wont matter.
I was very careful in using those :slight_smile: