Here are some listed bugs and feedback I have had with UMG over the last couple of weeks.
My last Feedback on UMG was a bit unconstructive so I hope this one is better.
- Combo Box String: Is missing a get option count node.
- Uniform Grid Panel: Should have styles added to them for stuff like border, size min and max size.
- Styles: Its nice that you can now set styles directly in the UMG Editor, but where do I set it using the Slate Style Assets now except in the Graph?
- Code: Delegates/ Callback Method for when the owning controller and its pawn first becomes valid. (Nice for a safe place to bind delegates in a extended user Widget, m.m.
- Code: Delegates/ Callback Method for when the owning controller and its pawn become invalid. (e.g: When player is exiting game/ PiE.) Can be used to Remove any bound delegates in a extended User Widget, m.m.
- BlueprintImplementableEvent executed before the UserWidget is removed from Parent.
e.g: OnAboutToRemoveFromParent(). Good for cleaning up child widgets before game closes / widget is removed. My experience is that game will crash if this is not done.
- Work flow and best practice guidelines should be made more clear in the documentation.
Its my experience that as soon as one widget is refrencing a second one problems are inbound for some resson.
- Combo Box String Widget: If you use the “Clear Options Node” the Editor/ game crashes.
Workaround: Keep a String Array around with the options and remove them one by one.
- Removing a widget containing child widgets and not remove child widgets crashes the editor. on exit from PiEhttps://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/146889/clear-children-bp-node-makes-my-editor-cash-on-exi.html
- Removing all options in a Combo Box (includeing default one, index 0) will crash editor/ game if re opend and sometimes just by clearing it.