FEBRUARY GAME JAM: Theme: LOVE IS A BATTLEFIELD

My Game

Hi everyone this is my first ever Game Jam so I was super excited about it! It almost went to plan, I decided to build my game from a blank project and build all the assets as I go, which went ok but did cut down the time I had to learn the engine as I went.
The atmosphere was the main aspect of the game I wanted to focus on and AI second, big mistake I had to ship without the AI which in turn turned my game in to a tech demo. Anyhoo I had a blast hope you download my game (Tech Demo) and give me any feedback you can……. Here’s to more Jams in the future Tim…
Oh i forgot to put my team name and stuff on here as well
TeamName:TinyInteractiveMedia
TeamMembers: Tim
GameName: Friend Zone

Welcome to the fold! Thanks for submitting :slight_smile: Stick around past the deadline, and Allar will be streaming the games on his Twitch!

Game Name: Fallopian Love
Team Name: Team Waterproof
Members: Atwood, Richard Trska & Rob Yau
Download: Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life

Description:
Swim/dodge/shoot/battle your way through the fallopian tubes to reach the egg, but beware, the egg is well fortified!

Controls:
Move Direction: WASD / Gamepad Left Stick
Shoot: M / Left Mouse / Gamepad ‘X’
Thrust: Space / Right Mouse / Gamepad ‘A’

Tips:
Shooting and thrusting will drain your energy so use wisely!
If you swim far enough away from an enemy they will lose interest!
Green orbs restore health!
Yellow orbs restore energy!

http://s23.postimg.org/bnersw1sb/Screen_Shot.jpg

Heart Defender

Submission Name
Heart Defender

List of Team Members
()**

Team Name
DreamFix Studios

Download Link

Controls
WASD: Movement
LMB: Push
E: Hug

Description

You must defend your heart, many will try and break it but you have to keep fighting!

If you can see eye to eye with another they may just help heal your damaged heart.

Press “Left Click” to Push Haters away. Your push is strong so this will keep them away for good!

Press “E” on near a Hater to gain their support, they will run to your heart and heal any damage it has taken.

Caution, once you have friends that support you its wise to keep close to them as they will become your Haters targets.
Continue to defend your friends hearts and they will defend yours!

About the team

This is our first Game Jam, everything but the characters (and a few materials) were made by us.
Compared to other projects we have attempted this would be the first thing we have got to the finish line!

Love Me Knightly

Game Name: Love Me Knightly
Team Name: Code Amateurs

Team Members:
Theodosius - Zyrus
Alex Downham - Defaultsound
Kyle Horwood - marsassassin
Luke Phillips - Lucozadez
Kieran Grayson - KGrayson

Download](Dropbox - Error - Simplify your life)

Description:
Get to the other player’s castle! and steal their respective loved ones!
Break the gates to acess the castle!
Each player must defend their castle!
Tug of war until the final victor is decided!

Multiplayer Local Co-Op with controller support only.

Game Name: Deadly Valentine
Team Name: Banana
Members:

Controls:
Move: WASD
Jump: Space
Action: LMB

Download

RNP_Q-Pid

Q-Pid](Dropbox - File Deleted)
Cupid (Q) has been captured by scientist!!
Run round the lab facility and keep them at bay with Pid, your trusty love blunderbuss.

Team Name:

Team Notes,

“Heya, this is our first game jam and our first “game”. So we admit it’s a bit awful but I really wanted to submit something.
I learnt a TON and I’m looking forward to next month, where hopefully I’ll be faster.” xD -, Artist

“I don’t really know what to say, dude.” - , Software Engineer

**Game name: **Call of broken heart
Team Name: Marcin Matuszczyk
List of Team Members: Marcin Matuszczyk
Name: MarcinMatuszczyk_Call_of_broken_heart

Music: http://incompetech.com/

Controls:
Run - W/A/S/D or Left stick on gamepad
Shoot - Left mouse button or X/RB on gamepad
Jump - Spacebar or A on gamepad

Description:
Adam just had a break up with his girlfriend. Help him defeat his broken heart with positive words!

Download: (zip 527 mb)

v=48ZPSt6-hnc

http://s30.postimg.org/5ne2hbd69/screenshot_4_small.jpg

http://s16.postimg.org/noe8eefs5/screenshot_3_small.jpg

http://s8.postimg.org/62cxr3jud/screenshot_1_small.jpg

Team Name: RocketChip
Game Name: Dual Souls
Team Members: Marcus Nichols (CaptainMcMarcus), Shane Harper and Dylan Tarrant
Featuring Music By: Kubbi - http://www.kubbimusic.com/

Within the spirit realm are many souls in seek of their loved ones. Travers the realm and join soul couples back together again, but it’s a battlefield out there, so beware the black holes!

Controls: Use the two analogue sticks on your gamepad to control each of the souls, alternatively you can use the WASD keys and the Arrow Keys to control the two souls.

This is our first ever game jam but hopefully you all enjoy our little game :slight_smile:
Huddersfield Uni students represent!

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iv8qb8y3ckjqwm9/RocketChip_DualSouls.zip?dl=0

Team Name : Hany Malek
List of Team Members : Hany Malek
Game Name : Stay With Me

Description:
A procedurally generated endless runner 2 player game powered by love :slight_smile:

Controls:
Player1: A,W,D Player2:Left, Up, Right ESC:Exit

Download Link (44.362mb)

Decided to challenge my self and build this game using C++, which is a first for me, I had made an iOS game using UDK and UScript before, but was a bit intimidated by C++ after moving to UE4, as it turns out its not really that hard, it was a fun learning experience, thanks to the amazing community on AnswerHub and the Unreal Wiki. :slight_smile:

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]
Team Name - Niemiec&Szwed
Game - LoveVan

Created by
Dawid ‘vebski’ Niemiec
Adrian ‘Atheist91’ Szwed

Game Instructions
A, D - Turn
Q - Throw Package
Space - Fire

[HR][/HR]
Downloads [169MB | Windows 32bit | RAR ]
GoogleDrive
Dropbox

Music by Joshua Empyre, countdown sounds by Volterock!
[HR][/HR]

Happy valentines and good luck! :slight_smile:

Team Name:
Team Member:
Name of Submission:
Link:

Run for your life from your evil demon ex girlfriend. You need to collect all 6 flowers before you are caught. If she catches you, press Enter to restart the game.
Controls:
Movement: WASD
Jump: Spacebar

Team Name: “The Brunos”
Team Members: Bruno Brito(Sound Extraordinaire), Jan Kaluza(Programmer Elite), Niky Leaton(Concept Finger Painter), Levon Church(Animations Expert), Aaron Leaton(the guy who modeled and did level stuff)

Game Name: Fifty Shades of HEYYYY

Controls
WASD/ L Thumbstick = Movement
Mouse / R Thumbstick = Aim
L Mouse / R Trigger = Fire
R Mouse / L Bumper = Alternate Fire

Objective: Gain as many admirers as possible while avoiding other prom attendees. (hint you gain admiration with tough love(another hint that means shooting))

Game Link: Download Here]
Will add additional link for a build with a small fix on the hud soon

Don’t Fall In Love!

Team Name: GeeksGoneBad
List of Team Members: Jamie Cunningham
Name of submission: GeeksGoneBad_DontFallInLove

Description
In the war of Love, we have many options to combat falling in love - Burps, Farts, and All Night Gaming Sessions, get your way to the top and don’t touch the hearts or you Love Level will rise, once your Love Level maxes out then you are whipped and lose the game! Use Burps, Farts, and All Night Gaming Sessions to lower you Love Level if you touch a heart!

Controls
A / D to move left and right
W / Space to jump
B - Burp
F - Fart
G - Pull and All nighter!

Download Link

I was a little short on time this weekend, but I gave it a shot. It’s a two player twin stick shooter where you shoot hearts and chocolate at the other player to make them fall for you:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9194933/Unreal/WindowsNoEditor.7z

(it seems to have some issues running in full screen mode)

**Team Name: **Land Yacht
Team Members: Raventp, Dfhetzel, Whitepray
Game Name: Land Yacht_Ghost Love

Description: Ghost Love is a 2 player game. You NEED 2 people in order to play it. There are two different player characters, a blue ghost and a pink ghost. The pink ghost can jump on top of the blue ghost in order to jump to a higher location. The pink ghost can also enable their halo (R on the keyboard or the Left Shoulder Button on a gamepad) to illuminate a small area around them to help navigate dark areas. The blue ghost can not see this light so the pink ghost must guide blue through dark areas. If you reach the end of the game, you will receive a score for how strong your relationship is. Collecting hearts will increase your relationship score. Running into mines will decrease your relationship. You will also be tested in order to see who wears the pants in your relationship, which will be shown alongside your score at the end of the game.

How to Host: Once you’ve opened the game: use the “`” (tilde) key to bring up the console. Type in: “open joe_map ?listen -game” -This will create a listen server and after 2 seconds your blue character will spawn in the game. NOTE: you need to know your ip address - you will be giving it to the other player so they can join your game.

How to Join: After opening the game: use the “`” (tilde) key to bring up the console. Type in: “open <host’s ip address>” no symbols, just their ip address.

Download Links:
Packaged Game - Dropbox - Error
Project Files - Dropbox - Error

***Special Note: Everything should work perfectly - in theory. We have been having networking issues. We believe this is caused by our ports not being opened properly by our routers. I have included the project files in the event that anyone has trouble getting the packaged game to work. In the project files - setting it to open 2 players on new windows simulates the experience perfectly - however - you have to control the two ghosts yourself.

~Heartbreaker~

Team Name: Drek
Team Members: drekmonger
Game Name: Drek_Heartbreaker

alternative download: Drek_HeartBreaker.zip - Google Drive

Break the pink hearts via clicking on them. Avoid clicking on the black hearts. Additional mechanics are introduced as the 40-wave campaign advances.

Undocumented within the game itself, you can press Escape at any time to return to the main menu. There’s a rare, minor bug when a broken heart that’s far away from the camera sometimes remains on screen for an additional second past it’s expiration. If you encounter this bug, a small pink heart won’t be clickable. Just ignore it, and it’ll disappear.

This is the very first game jam I’ve ever attempted, and it turned out to be more work than I anticipated! I picked out a pretty simple concept, and I think the result is decently fun. 10 to 15 minutes worth of fun, maybe?

Looking at the polish on some of the other submissions, I’m almost ashamed to clicky the the submit button. There’s some really nice looking stuff above this post, and there’s going to be some nice stuff below it too.

BATTLEFIELD LOVE: RISE OF THE HATE MONGERS

Team:
Members: aka

Download: Dropbox - Error

Hey, this download link seem to be broken for me.

As far as I can tell, the dropbox link is working. I’ll add a Google Drive link as well, just to be on the safe side. Thanks for letting me know.