[FeatureRequest] Vertical Wires for vertical aligned reroute nodes

Especially when having quite long wires the current bezier curves start to look really messy.

it’d be nice to have the option to create vertical nodes, even if it would be limited like this:

or give the option in the right click menu to flip a reroute node from horizontal to vertical mode.

this idea is by no means new, obviously, e.g.:

FYI, it’s a paid solution, but Electric Nodes in the marketplace does what you want here.

1 Like

Yeah, I already know about that and also looked into GitHub - AgitoReiKen/ue-restyle: Restyle is a plugin for Unreal Engine v5.0, v5.1 that brings a brand new look for graph editors

but the issue I’ve with both is, it’s too gimicky. you have tons and tons of adjustments you can do in the settings. which takes quite long to get it nice.

then the zoom levels basically destroy all your alignments again.

for short connections the default UE is even sometimes nicer.

My testing and researched resulted in the conclusion, that a simple solution like the one I propose here would be more practical.

maybe give it a flyout handle you can tighten the curve?

or make it a flip-flop/toggle on middle-mouse button click, or a keystroke like holding S and getting a scalar, etc

or maybe have a few options, tightness-settings, currently as is, squared off, zig-zag, and then you can hold key X, keep clicking thru until you get the one you want