Feature Request: Weapon Collision Visibility

I use the “Player Visibility” option a lot, but I find the other “Visibility Collision” to be less useful to me. It would be cool if UE4 had a “Weapon Collision Visibility” option, so that I can easily see “at a glance” the collision visiblity for weapon projectiles, bullets, etc.

This would be extremely useful for quickly spotting collision issues while working on maps for UT4.

As always, I would also like to see “per poly collision” visibility as well. :slight_smile:

Picture to illustrate!

Thanks,

Hi ,

We are happy to consider this feature request, but I just want to understand what behavior you expect to see from this additional view.

What collision setting are you using for you projectile? Visibility Collision generally shows everything a standard projectile will collide with.

Hi, I’ve been using “Ignore Only Pawn” collision on most of my meshes. This causes projectiles and bullets to collide with the mesh, but a player can run through the mesh.

The reason I’ve been doing this is because I generally like to use blocking volumes for most cases. Blocking volumes present much more reliable collision for blocking players for wall dodging, wall running, etc.

When I set collision to “ignore only pawn”, I therefore am unable to see the collision for projectiles/bullets. I think an additional collision visibility option would be useful for that.

Thanks!

Hi Neil,

Thank you for the feedback. Our developers will be taking this Feature Request into consideration. Please keep in mind that this isn’t a guarantee of implementation but it will be looked into.

Cheers,

TJ