Download

[Feature Request] - Spline control points snapping and transoform panel functionality

Hi

So we can’t import any spline objects form other software, that’s fine. But what we need is the ability to precisely set the spline control points up. There is no snapping for them, there is no numeric input, there is even no transform information available for the individual points (or at least I can find no information about it). All we can do with splines is just manually trying to make it right.

Splines are math, pure math, to draw them in the editor you simply have to work on the information I am writing about. Just make it accesible and usable as a control tool in the editors interface. Manually dragging the points around with no option to set them up precisely is not enough in some cases.

I’d like to know to how to snap two splines that create roads using spline components. its almost imposible to manualy place spline points at the right position…

Hello rimau ,

I was reading over your post and I thought that this feature sounds reasonable. I have written up a report ( UE-13082) and I have submitted it to the developers for further consideration. Thank you for your information and time.

Make it a great day

That a good new , what good stuff we will make with it !

That’s really nice to hear, or rather read :slight_smile:

I was also thinking about some pre-defined shapes for splines:

• circle
  • spring
  • sinusoid

But just having the ability to precisely control the points will be enough to achieve these shapes.

Thanks for placing the report :slight_smile:

Hi Rudy_Q

any news about his topic?
in his last “few” years finally anyone figured it out ?
thx
Giant

Hi rimau!
Have u found any workaround for this topic?