[Feature Request] Selectable Buttons

When creating a selected button in a row or a column let’s say, the most convenient solution I’ve found is to reset every other button’s visual, and change the normal style for the selected one. So hereby I propose a new feature, for selectable buttons.

Each button would have a text input in the detail panels, called “Selection”. Typing into this would work as much like categories. Then each button would have an extra slot at the style:

• Normal
  • Hovered
  • Pressed
  • Selected

When a button is clicked, a “Selected” event could be called, that puts every button within the same category, as entered above in the “Selection” text box, and set the style to the one that’s defined in the “Selected” style section.

With this, having more categories and calling selected event, would only change the buttons within the same category. For instance we set two categories:

1. Inventory
  2. TopMenu

Pressin a new button on the top menu would swap all the buttons with “TopMenu” tag to selected, changing the visual per style defined, and leaving every other button alone. Pressing a new button in the inventory would do the same with the ones tagged as “Inventory” not touching any other button, like the ones tagged as “TopMenu”

Nope, thats additional behaviour you want to add on top to be more than what a Button should do.

Asside from that the Feature you describe you can easily make on your own within 15-20 mins (without C++ or any Engine Modifications)

Also why dont you select multiple Buttons and change all at once? Example: Screen capture - 8d26798b73c2f3b923a6f094cc3aa116 - Gyazo

I know that you can change in the editor like that. I am talking about runtime. IF you have 5 buttons in a row, say: 1-2-3-4-5. And you want to have a blue edge around the one that was last pressed, on a new press you need to reset everything and set the new one. It’s not any more “extra” than the hovered/pressed/disabled options.