[FEATURE REQUEST] Implement FOV on Mesh Components

Hi there,

I’ve posted in other sections about this already, and even tried implementing it myself but no luck.

In UE3 we could set the FOV of SkeletalMeshComponents independently from the camera FOV.
Removing this in UE4 is quite a problem for us, especially for first person melee combat, as the regular workarounds for projectile weapons don’t work.

Also, I’m not entirely sure if this is the correct subforum to post in, and if not, please direct me to the correct place.

Thanks!

Apologies, but I have no idea what you are trying to say. How would a trace solve this?

I have tried implementing this myself by trying to apply the inverse perspective matrix of the camera to the Mesh before the Mesh gets passed to the renderer, but I can’t get it to work.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/showthread.php?10717-Implementing-FOV-on-Components-(e-g-SkeletalMeshComponent)

In any case, this approach breaks the way sockets and attachments work, and that is why I’m posting this as a feature request.
The developers at Epic are in a much better position to know how to implement this as they did with UE3.