Feature request forum?

In the forum’s Feedback section, I’d be glad to see a Feature Request subforum, else how can you know what users are expecting from the next UE developments? Thanks!

It’s called the roadmap

https://portal.productboard.com/epicgames/1-unreal-engine-public-roadmap/tabs/46-unreal-engine-5-0

The roadmap is UE dev saying what they are working on, not users telling UE team what they’d like to see, unless I am mistaken!

You’re right.

I think, even if they had this section, nothing would every happen with it…

Epic have their own agenda about where the engine is going.

It’s ok to have an agenda about what they want to do, but not knowing what users are expecting is in my opinion a big problem. I’d like to see a Feature Request forum with ability to vote on specific features. I think releases need to be a balance between what UE devs want and what users want.

1 Like

If you want to see a new feature, you can code it into the engine. If it gets enough use, it will probably be taken over.

Most ideas on a thread like that would be rubbish. And the really good ones would just get lost in the fog… :rofl:

Potentially rubbish requests would not get votes and would be at the end, so basically would not hinder visibility of interesting requests. Substance 3D is/was doing this and this was readable and useful.

1 Like