[Feature Request] Fortnite Playlist Device Concept

I had this concept I was thinking for quite a bit and I wanted to share it with you all. BR has the ability to have multiple versions of their map inside the same “code” and
I was wondering how would something like that be achieved for Creative Islands. So I thought of a device In which you will have an array where you can set multiple modes of the map.

Name: Will be the name shown on the mode selection screen
MaxPartySize: Won’t allow parties bigger than this number to queue (Setting privacy to Private game WILL override this)
MaxTeams: Will override the Max Teams options found in the IslandSettings device.
TeamSize: Will override the Team Size option found in the IslandSettings device.
MaxPlayers: Will override the MaxPlayers option found in the IslandSettings device.

Show After How Many CCU: Having multiple modes can negatively affect game lobbies if your map does not have enough players to fill each mode it will result in empty lobbies and players being spread. What this will do is hide the mode untill the map has reached that amount of total players across all the modes. I believe this or some system similar to this is a must to prevent the playerbase being split across many modes not filling lobbies. Fortnite Ranked ZeroBuild has a similar system for certain regions just instead of disabling modes based on current CCU plays its based around a timed schedule opening the modes during peak hours.

(Picture taken from OCE servers at around 10am Australian time)

However if the game privacy is set to Private all the modes will be available for selection.

One QoL feature that could be added along with this device is the ability to detect via verse/DEB if the match is a private/Public game.

Although not as necessary it would be great if we were also able to upload custom images for the modes

I also had an alternative concept that I believe could be more feasible to implement.

Giving people the ability to make map playlists from the creator portal by combining different Island Codes into one Universal Playlist code.

When you press the button it would open the following menu

When someone joins a game through a Playlist, it should save on the Recently Played tab only the playlist itself and not the individual mode that was played. The playlist can also accept Unlisted Island Codes so the Individual Maps can’t be seen inside the Creator’s Page.

If Island’s are featured only in 1 playlist when loading the Island itself straight from the Island Code it should still load the playlist just with that specific mode pre-selected.

Thanks for reading through my feature request, any feedback or how you think it could be changed to better help creators would be appreciated, Don’t forget to Upvote if you liked the concept.
Hope you all have a good dayy

@Mineblo Thank you for your feedback. While I cannot guarantee a response, I can confirm that this has been forwarded to the appropriate team.

1 Like