[feature request] export options for blueprints

We regularly need to share examples of how things are done in blueprints, and currently the two options are provide the whole project (which is slow, laborious to read, and fiddly), or take a screenshot (which only works if you can fit everything on screen. Many times when looking at forum posts explaining things, you end up zooming into a fuzzy image trying to figure out what the blocks are called.

An option to export either 1) a jpeg of the entire canvas at a reasonable resolution, or 2) the same export to pdf would make sharing blueprint snippets easier.

Hello TomSmithGR,

Are you aware that you can copy/paste blueprints into a notepad? You then include the attachment. I hope this helps

Make it a great day.

Thanks for getting back to me. This really doesn’t solve the problem, it is far too much labour on the part of the post viewer to have to load stuff into ue editor just to answer, especially considering how frequently copy pasting into blueprints crashes the editor right now (this is especially bad with level blueprints).

zooming out and print screening just isn’t viable for anything complex, and so the only option is merging dozens of screenshots by hand in photoshop, which is not a fun task.

What I want to be able to do is call HiResShot console command by hitting tilde on a blueprint canvas, and have the output come from the canvas, not the render preview.

Hello TomSmithGR,

There is no official way to share blueprints over the Answerhub as of yet. However, I do have a workaround if you would like to give it a shot. If you would like to share a blueprint you could do the following:

As the sender:

1. Create a new folder Called “Content” it can be placed anywhere (I used the desktop)
  2. Open your project
  3. Right click your blueprint > select “Migrate”
  4. Send this to the new content folder you created
  5. If you get a warning that says it’s not a project file click yes to continue
  6. Zip up the folder
  7. Send as an attachment via answerhub or what have you

As the receiver:

1. Download file
  2. Unzip file
  3. Create blank project (So nothing with the same name will over written)
  4. Navigate to the newly created project file and open it
  5. Copy and paste the new content folder (that you have downloaded and unzipped) into the project folder so as to replace the content folder that was already there.
  6. Open the new project
  7. Navigate to the blueprint > Right click > Migrate > Select the actual project the blueprint is needed in and migrate it over

Note: Any referenced assets will be included with the migration.

I hope this helps

Make it a great day

It would still be nice!