[Feature Request] Cinematic Viewport could have its own shortcuts, different from Default Viewport

Hey !

I m a bit frustrated when working in Sequencer context. I’ll take Space bar shortcut as an example, because it’s the most obvious.

When I edit the sequence in the timeline, I can press Space bar to play the sequence, naturally. Then I decide to move the perspective view in viewport to see the sequence from another point of view (or some other thing). Instinctively I press Space bar again, but this time it doesn’t play the sequence, since Space bar shortcut is tied to another action in the viewport context (Cycle between Translate, Rotate and Scale). To be able to use the right shortcut, I must click in the sequencer window first.

It’s very disturbing because to do the same action, it costs an extra click, you never know when it gonna do what you really want ? Will it play the sequence this time, will it be something else this time ? Sometimes you try several times before understand what’s going on.

I come from linear softwares (motion builder, maya …) and in these softwares, no matter where the focus is, the shortcuts are always the same.
So if we are working in the timeline and press Space bar, it will play the sequence. If we decide to walk around in the viewport and press Space bar again, it will replay the sequence. It’s straightforward.

Since the cinematic viewport seems to have been designed to be used with sequencer (playback controls and stuff), shouldn’t it have its own shortcuts ? Shouldn’t it share shortcuts from sequencer ? Maybe that would be the case when “Allow Cinematic Control” is enabled ?

Thanks !

Darn, I opened this thread hoping a solution was posted. I’m running in to the same annoyances of an extra click while animating in viewport/sequencer