Feature Request: Add Child Actor Component, Make "Child Actor Component" exposable as pin

Agreed, but you can just do this:

319722-screenshot-2020-10-22-203528.jpg

For the Add Child Actor component, I think it would make sense to let us make the Child Actor Component have an “Expose as Pin” option like the Spawn Actor from Class component, so it can be run through a For Each Loop from an array of armor and weapons to be equipped as an example.

Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/XN2aKuV.png

I love you. Thank you so much.

I’m sure this is more computationally inefficient, but it works. Better than rerouting everything than a loop through an array.

I’m sure this is more computationally
inefficient

It’s somewhat awkward when you’re used to exposed pins, true. On the other hand, you often do the above when swapping between actors Child Actor Components hold anyway. How else would you assign a new actor to an existing CAC.

And to add to this, exposing pins on components in blueprints opens a can of worms. Lets say you create a custom actor component and expose some variables as pins. You’d trust this component’s Begin Play to be able to use them, right? Yeah, good luck with that. :expressionless: