Feasibility of persistence using UE5, upward of 200 clients

Roughly, new to unreal looking for a knowledgeable hand to lend some expertise on the feasibility of using UE5 for multiplayer housing 100 to 200 players.

Im specifically talking in game types such as ark survival evolved, rust, 7Days etc. Ive done googling and other resources, bringing that unreal has built in support for multiplayer just at lower scale. That even epic’s fortnite chokes at 100 players, ark stutters at around 60 and others with a similar discrepancy to lag and predicton issues. ( some mmo studios have spent thousands to get unreal tailored to performant, not the same style of gameplay checks) while I know networking is one of the hardest if not, the hardest part of development on a multiplayer centric game. Is there any third party handles recommended for unreal?

At this point having spend a few months in unreal engine ive been tempted to abandon it and seek alternatives in unity given the seemingly more stable multiplayer for the give game type. Being said nkt understanding the rabbit hole that is unity and depreciation from outside looking in. While i know unity is at its limit with a hulk of a game like rust, it can seemingly handle 100 to 500 player servers on a single world.

Is there any insight on that for networking solutions or resources to guide me toward?

Any tips, or suggestions would be welcome. Thank you for your time.

I think the bulk of your concern can be answered and feel assured watching FortNite’s presentation how they use the Replication Graph. You can also download the Shooter Game example and study its Replication Graph.

If you just use the default multiplayer networking in UE5 Im sure most servers would choke up tracking replication at all times on 20 - 30 people.

I am still working with the Rep Graph, in my own project I switched from Unity for similar reasons you listed. Help on multiplayer can be a relative ghost town.

I feel like at least in UE i dont have to struggle through deprecated functions… or rely on 3rd party networking solutions.