FBX Scene Import

Is it possible now to import multiple objects from a scene in max and bring them into Ued as a placeable group ? I just did a simple test and found no obvious option to do this.

I would like to know if there was a fast solution to this. So far the only thing I can think of is so separate the objects on import(using only one fbx) drop them in the editor and then make all the objects a child of one parent from the file and then set the individual children’s location to X:0 Y:0 Z:0. This can take a while depending on how much is in the fbx file though. I would love to know if there was a way to import them where there would already be a group made with the locations relative to the parent stored. Unity can do this I’m not sure why there isn’t a more obvious solution in UE4.

After some more tests I can bring in multiple objects with materials / textures in a single fbx import. If you select all the meshes in the content browser you can drag them all into the scene and they maintain relative position. While they are still all selected you can right click and create a group. You can also do a similar thing to create a blueprint actor. So that smooths that out a bit, but it would be great if this group, probably even better, a blueprint actor containing all objects could be created on import.

Nice job that will help me out! It would be nice if it worked how you mentioned but that is a pretty good method to get around it.

Try Import Into Level (FBX Scene Import). Can also access via “regular” Import by selecting File Type of FBX Scene. FBX Scene Import in Unreal Engine | Unreal Engine 5.2 Documentation