Hello fellow Devs!
I am having an issue with not being able to re-import FBX files.
- Export model from 3D Software as FBX to project folder
- Import model into Level with File/Import Into Level (This preserves the model’s pivot point)
- Setup collision on model’s StaticMesh
- Make edits to model in 3D Software, export to same folder in project to overwrite initial file
- Select StaticMesh and select “Reimport”
- The model is not overwritten or actually updated
If anyone can please help with this issue I would sincerely appreciate it. This might be user error with my workflow or a bug or engine limitation.
If this issue has already been posted or solved, I apologize, I could not find anything
Thanks for your time!
I always import from a folder that is outside of the unreal project folder. Try exporting from your 3d program to a location outside of the project folder and then import it from there into your unreal project. Also are you importing into a folder within the content folder?
I have this problem too - in a project upgraded from 4.18 to 4.20. Everything worked fine in 4.18 but the FBX re-import in 4.20 just does not change anything. It’s a big, active program and we desperately need this to work!
Hello Danderson and Derek, thank you for the posts. I will try importing from outside of the project folder and see if that resolves the issue. Derek, good to know I am not the only one seeing this issue. If you find a workaround I would appreciate if you post back here, I will do the same. Thanks again!