FBX Materials as a publisher in fab

When you import a fbx in the fab listing, do you need to embed all textures in the fbx? i don’t see a place where you can create the material. You can create it in the 3d model visualisation, but does it apply it to the fbx you imported and sell too? And will people will be able to drag and drop it in their project with the textures? I’m not sure yet how it works and i don’t want to redo all the work at the launch of fab. Someone has the same problem? For people to be able to drag and drop your asset in their project (Just like quixel) do we need to create a unreal project or just the fbx do? and if the fbx do work, do textures need to be embed in the fbx or is there a place where i can add them that is not just in the visualisation media of the project?

Submission Guidelines for Fab - General / Feedback & Requests - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

I already looked at all that and it doesn’t really explain it. It doesn’t says if the textures you put in the 3d editor in your listing will be put on the fbx too for people to be able to drag and drop it in their project.

Exemple :

• I create a listing.
  • I’m importing an fbx file in the listing (without textures embedded).
  • I don’t see a place where you import textures? Maybe put them in a zip in a different file? Then, will people will be able to drag and drop it in their project just like quixel?
  • Ok, so now, i go back to the listing page. Go down a little bit and see i can put a 3d model visualisation for people to turn around my model in a scene. Nice. I import the model here too.
  • In this place, i can add my textures. It’s looking good!
  • But then, i tough, i put my texture here in the 3d visualisation, but it’s not in my original imported files? Does the texture i put in the 3d material visualisator go place themselves on my original fbx too? How does it work?
  • I don’t see anywhere where they talk about this.
  • Somebody can explain?

UPDATE:

There appears to be a reporting system for FAB and you need to open a “New Topic”
in
Latest fab topics in Issues & Bug Reporting (Fab) - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
This now the official reporting place for Support
Thanks

For FAB Migration is any use

Migrating your Unreal Engine Marketplace (UEM) and Sketchfab and assets to Fab

what? it doesn’t answer my question at all

hi @pl_poulin ,
There appears to be a reporting system for FAB and you need to open a “New Topic”
in
Latest fab topics in Issues & Bug Reporting (Fab) - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)
This now the official reporting place for Support
Thanks

Just to be clear, to reach support, submit a request at https://support.fab.com/s/?ProductOrigin=FabSupport

To report a bug, go to Topics tagged fab

@pl_poulin If you’re uploading product files, make sure to include any textures or materials in the ZIP (that includes FBX) that you upload.
If you’re uploading files to your media gallery, which is just intended to show what the product looks like and isn’t intended for drag and drop, and you want a model to be textured, be sure to include the material/texture in the zip upload.

Does that answer your question?

thank you for your support!

Alright! Thanx you for taking the time! Yes it is! :slight_smile: