Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0xb19e4f68 in tid 14613 (RHIThread)

Hello all, I have an android app i have been working on for almost a year. for the past couple months, I have been having problems with the app crashing for seemingly no reason. Everything is working and the framerate is smooth, but after a few minutes of testing on my android device the app crashes. After going through the whole debugging process in android studio the only thing i could spot was right when it crashes it displays Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1 (SEGV_MAPERR), fault addr 0xb19e4f68 in tid 14613 (RHIThread), pid 14516 (main). What does this error mean? How do i find what is making my app crash? and how do i fix it?

1 Like

You should learn about signal 11 and memory access. You are most likely attempting to access a memory address which you don’t have access to. You should also try to figure out which function causes the signal, try setting some breakpoints as is described in the Unreal Android debugging tutorial Android Debugging | Unreal Engine Documentation.

thanks for the reply. Heres the issue, I did that whole debugging setup in android studio, the problem is it just gives me thta error, it doesnt tell me where it is or what blueprint is causing it so i have no way of knowing which blueprint is causing the memory error, so i have no way of knowing where to add breakpoints in the project…

same thing happens to me.
the app crashes and i get no traceback, nor logs.
and debugging on android studio is useless, when the crash happens it just disconnects from the debugger.
anyone has any idea how to deal with this?