Fatal error on packaged game start

Hello, 1st packaging of a project of mine I got a fatal error, so I tried using a blank level to find out what was the problem but it sadly didnt changed anything

Here is the crash report : Log file open, 01/20/24 21:09:17LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLa - Pastebin.com, I have not idea where to search for error inside it

does someone have an idea? thanks in advance

Hello,

You have a few errors that all need to be resolved individually.

…and there could be more.

In the future, make sure you package DAILY.

I mean it.

Anyway, your first problem:

I suspect that you deleted things indiscriminately, and that is VERY dangerous.

1 Like

First thanks a lot for your response

I will have to plaid guilty for this one lmao, is was my first project and I was a mess so i moved/deleted a lot of things

I did what you said and I still have a crash
(Log file open, 01/20/24 22:00:35LogWindows: Failed to load 'aqProf.dll' (GetLa - Pastebin.com)
and the log didnt seem to change that much so I suspect I should remake the entire thing in another project maybe?

I woulnt take more than one day or two so it may be worth it ? Or maybe you or someone else have a better solution ?

1 Like

Oh, if you do not mind restarting, I would restart.

Absolutely.

(Because, like I said, there will be MORE errors that will be found. Unreal stops executing the package when it’s like, “okay, let me not give too much bad news all at once”. It very well may take less time to start over.)

Just make sure to:

1. ZIP backups of versions of your project that package successfully.

1. Do NOT delete assets, if you can avoid it.

2. Before adding ANYTHING new into your project, use a “staging” project that will package the new items first to see if they are safe enough to introduce.

3. Package daily

Good luck!

1 Like

ye i will do that, very useful thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.