Falling Bomb in UE 4?

Hey there!
I’m making a little game, and it’s mostly complete. One small problem: The core threat doesn’t work. I need a bomb to drop into the middle of a town, and destroy all the destructible meshes. They of course must be exploded outwards. I would like there to be a delay before it drops, so that the player can hide from the bomb. Does anyone know how to do this?

-TooTinyMan

Very simple, make a bomb blueprint, in the viewport it should look like what the bomb looks like, then just make a detonate function, or a on collide function that will spawn an explosion effect, and apply damage to the destructible meshes. I personally don’t know anything about DM’s, but it shouldn’t be too hard.

I would like to know the blueprints, I do not know how to do it myself.

Well, you really shouldn’t be trying to do one specific thing as a beginner, you should play around for a few days/weeks to familiarize yourself.

I actually figured it out a few days before. I knew how, but the particle system wasn’t working properly.

Hey tootinyman,

Check out:

Watch this video and you’ll get a good idea of using the blueprint system to create dynamic things.

Tommy.

I’ve always had it working, but the particles were broken. It’s fixed now.