Failure to import. Please help

Failed to import ‘C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0EA/FeaturePacks/MobileStarterContent.upack’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/MobileStarterContent’. Please see Output Log for details.

1 Like

Same here. “Failed to import ‘E:/Epic Games/UnrealEngine-5.0.0/FeaturePacks/StarterContent.upack’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/StarterContent’.” But only with the C++ version of the project. In the Blueprint version the StarterContent is imported just fine.

1 Like

same… for me failed to load in Blueprint mode

Failed to import ‘C:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.0EA/FeaturePacks/MobileStarterContent.upack’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/MobileStarterContent’.
Please see Output Log for details.

I have this issue only on my Custom Build after research detect the Starter Content is not exist. The Solution i have copy the StarterConten from Original Build to my Custom Build

Pareil ici. “Failed to import ‘E:/UE_5.0EA/FeaturePacks/MobileStarterContent.upack’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/MobileStarterContent’.
Please see Output Log for details.”

To fix this issue, go to the folder …\UE_5.0EA\FeaturePacks and rename the “StarterContent.upack” file to “MobileStarterContent.upack”

7 Likes

problem solved, thanks

tks, it’s work

works for me, thanks!

Mine : ‘E:\Zelda WW\INCOMING VIDEO\Tower of GOD\Link Export\Link Backflip dodge run\Link_Backflip_Run.fbx’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/Zelda_Wind_Waker/Tower_of_The_Gods/Boss_room/actor/Link/Animations/Link_Backflip_Run’.

How do I fix this?

I am facing issues with Unreal Engine version 4.
When I try to import the skeleton mesh of a human being and also e scooter then there it shows an error that says [Failed to import ‘//ad.wayne.edu/Users/hq8314/Downloads/BikeSkeleton.fbx’] with the following message

I hit this issue on 5.4.1. I checked my build output and the editor was having issues copying content from FeaturePacks\StartContent.upack to \MyGame\Content\StarterContent. I deleted everything in \MyGame\Content\StartContent and things worked after that

Did the error ever reoccur? I have the same issue and deleting everything resolved the error when I next time opened the project, but when I restarted the engine it now complains again. I even removed the starter content from the settings in the launcher but it still tries to import something…

Here is the log:

[2024.06.04-07.21.57:097][ 0]LogAssetTools: Warning: Failed to import ‘F:/Program Files/Epic Games/UE_5.4/FeaturePacks/StarterContent.upack’. Failed to create asset ‘/Game/StarterContent’.
[2024.06.04-07.21.57:098][ 0]LogFeaturePack: Warning: No objects imported installing pack StarterContent.upack
[2024.06.04-07.21.57:098][ 0]LogFeaturePack: Inserted 0 feature packs

If anyone knows how to resolve this, please help! :melting_face: