Failing to transition jump animations?

I am testing a few things out since I’m starting to learn the engine. I have a button on a pop up widget, when pressed causes the character to jump and play the the jump_start animation. But after the character jumps into the air while playing the jump_start animation, it does not transition into jump_loop then jump_end, and rather just lands back frozen in the last frame of the jump_start animation. All the state machines and everything is set and I don’t understand why its not completing the jump animation fully as intended. How can I fix this? Thanks

It’s probable that there is a mistake in your animation BP. But I think you probably won’t get many useful replies without posting pictures of your animation BP.

Why are you calling the Play Animation node if you have a statemachine? You’re supposed to change a variable in your ABP which indicates that the player has jumped. Probably that’s the issue. What transition conditions are you using for each state?

if youre using the built in third person template, the “is falling” variable from the character movement component is whats driving the different states. If you get rid of that play animation node from your character blueprint it should work normally

Perfect! I removed the play animation node and it started working, thanks guys :smiley:

Remove play animation node

suggested by ViceVersa and MMMarcis

Just want to put this up as this was the first article I found when searching “cant transition past jumpend”

I disconnected some of the connections earlier to make a new state machine + idle state and the jump animation stopped working. It went through all the transitions until the “jumpend” state and didnt want to go to “idle” state.

I had copied the “get relevant anim time remaining (jumpend)” + float value from the default third person animation template. Copying the variables didnt work, but right clicking and typing in “get relevant anim time remaining (jumpend)” and attaching the new node made it work again. I guess copying it made it think it was using the old/default animation instead of the new one and therefore couldnt calculate it properly.

Hope this helps someone who was stuck like me!

I know this is from 2 years ago but I just wanted to say Thank You ! Had exactly this same issue and your post was my issue. Removed then re entered Time Remaining node and it works perfectly !!! It did not like the copy !