"Failed to retrieve list of binaries from Epic services" when using the BuildPatchTool

I’m trying to set up my game on the Epic Game Store, and I’m running into the following problem when attempting to push a build.

Full error:

Failed to retrieve list of binaries from Epic services. Please check your provided OrganizationId, ProductId and ArtifactId are correct, and that you should have access to create binaries for this artifact.
LogBuildPatchTool: Error: Tool exited with: 6
Tool exited with: 6

My cmd input is:

BuildPatchTool.exe ^
    -OrganizationId="asdf" ^
	-ProductId="asdf" ^
    -ArtifactId="asdf" ^
    -ClientId="asdf" ^
    -ClientSecret="asdf" ^
	-mode=UploadBinary ^
	-BuildRoot="C:\asdf" ^
	-CloudDir="Cloud Dir" ^
	-BuildVersion="1.0" ^
	-AppLaunch="Game.exe" ^
	-AppArgs=""

I removed the actual IDs from this post, of course. Also, I tried this without the ^ characters and the extra tabs, but the error is the same (the linebreaks are just for readability in my .bat file).

1 Like

I have the same issue. Any idea how to solve it?

Ok… I found a solution… one must use the correct credentials for the Build Patch Tool.
It is hidden under Product Settings in the General tab.

2 Likes

Good find! Thanks, that worked for me. I could have sworn I tried that already, but I guess I didn’t (it also doesn’t help that the first few letters of the BPT Client ID were the same as the game’s client ID).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.