Failed to open map file

Hello. “Failed to open map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine.” Yesterday i saved project. Today i open project and this message. Click ok and my map is black without my work.

Hi ,

DId you attempt to save the map in 4.11? If so it will no longer work in 4.10.

If this is not the case:

• Does this occur in a clean, blank project with no additional content or is it limited to one project?
  • What steps can I take to reproduce this error on my end?
  • What is in the map affected?

Hello. I opened map in 4.10. I did not download 4.11, but now i will start and i will save in 4.11.

1. Yes, i started new project, save, then open and this same error.
  2. In map are placed meshes with materials.
  3. 2nd question i dont understand, sorry.

To ensure I am understanding correctly, you have created a new, blank project with no content in it and saved a map from the level viewport. When you attempted to open this in the same engine version you received an error stating that it was created in a previous engine version?

Example : I lauch 4.10 and i started new project. Now i save my project File–>Save All. I restart UE4 and i want to open my new project. When is 95 % loading engine show me this message.

“Failed to open map file. This is most likely because the map was saved with a newer version of the engine.”

I copy my map from documents to content in project. Now i can File → Oen Level and choose map. All loading good, but i must do this every time when i leave UE4. Can i set this map for first level? The one that I see after opening of the project

Can you send me a copy of the new project? I’ll be happy to take a look and see if the same error occurs on my end. Additionally, try verifying your engine build by going to Launcher>Library>Engine version dropdown menu>Verify. This will check your editor to see if any files are missing or damaged and repair/replace them.

This is new project.

I verify my version of engine. On the finish is this :

“The nessesery prerequisites ave failed to install. Error code R-1638
Please ensure your operating system is up do date, or viev our troubleshooting guide for additional information.”

Can you post a copy of your dxdiag here so I can take a look? I attempted to reproduce this with your project but have not been able to do so.

What is dxdiag? Where i can find this?

If you go to your Windows start menu and type “dxdiag” into the searchbar, a dxdiag.exe program will show up in the list, run that. Once you do, you can save the entire file to a .txt document and upload the .txt here.

Have you checked to make sure your laptop is using the NVidia GeForce card as opposed to the Integrated Graphics Card? If this is already set, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the editor.

When power is off my laptop is using Integrated Graphic Card, but when it is turned on using the Nvidia graphic card. So i need to uninstall UE4 and install one more time?

Yes, instead of running the verify, try completely uninstalling and reinstalling the editor. If this does not address the error we’ll continue trying to find what is occurring.

Still this same error :confused:

When i’m created a new project 4.10.2 it’s all ok. This bug is fixed, but now is my first problem. How i can fix my older project? I need to fix because i working many hours on it.

Unfortunately the project sounds like it may be corrupted. Try moving the contents from your project into a new project and see if you can continue to work on the same assets, if not, the error you are experiencing may be asset specific.