Failed to open descriptor file

Hello everyone,
I made a project from a PC and packaged it. When I try the shipped project, it launches properly. However, it doesn’t work as soon as copied onto another PC.
I have the classical problem: failed to open descriptor file ‘…/…/…/projectname/projectname.uproject’
Other posts suggest to try:

  • launching the projectname-win64-shipping.exe file from: projectname/binaries/win64/

  • renaming projectname-win64-shipping.exe into projectname.exe

However, none of these seem to work.
It also appear that I don’t have any uproject file into WindowsNoEditor/projectname/
Would anyone have any idea about the way to solve/dig into it?

The package configuration file is the following:

[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]

BuildConfiguration=PPBC_Shipping

StagingDirectory=(Path=“C:/Users/Jeremie/Documents/SimOpera”)

FullRebuild=True

ForDistribution=False

IncludeDebugFiles=False

BlueprintNativizationMethod=Disabled

bWarnIfPackagedWithoutNativizationFlag=True

UsePakFile=True

bGenerateChunks=False

bGenerateNoChunks=False

bChunkHardReferencesOnly=False

bBuildHttpChunkInstallData=False

HttpChunkInstallDataDirectory=(Path="")

HttpChunkInstallDataVersion=

IncludePrerequisites=True

IncludeAppLocalPrerequisites=False

bShareMaterialShaderCode=False

bSharedMaterialNativeLibraries=False

ApplocalPrerequisitesDirectory=(Path="")

IncludeCrashReporter=False

InternationalizationPreset=English

CulturesToStage=en

DefaultCulture=en

bCookAll=False

bCookMapsOnly=False

bCompressed=False

bEncryptIniFiles=False

bEncryptPakIndex=False

bSkipEditorContent=False

bNativizeBlueprintAssets=False

bNativizeOnlySelectedBlueprints=False

I’m using UE4.17 on windows 8.1 for writing the project and I’m trying it on a Windows 7.

OK, it seems that because I copied the packaged project onto a network drive, it can’t load properly.
I need to copy the packaged project onto the local computer to be able to start the project.

I’ll let the question and answer instead of deleting it, in case someone might need it later on.

I had this same issue. I discovered that when downloading from Google Drive the files would get zipped then unzipped. The problem occurs because the PAK file gets unzipped. If you download everything individually to prevent it zipping and unzipping it works fine.