Failed to load descriptor file ue 4.8.3

https://answers.unrealengine/questions/268823/failed-to-load-descriptor-file-ue-483.html

I thought I’d ask here as it seems a virus is currently attacking the deployment area of answerhub

I, as well as many others, have had this problem.

There’s no official solution so I’ll just tell you what I did.

For some unknown reason, my game launches if I package it under a DEVELOPMENT build; if I package it under a shipping build and I attempt to launch it, I receive that error.

I’m really hoping this is fixed in 4.9 because I’m assuming my “fix” isn’t really the best way of doing things.

Good luck,

~ Jason

This error sometimes also appears when you have several projects opened in the editor :slight_smile:

Thanks guys, I thought I was the only one. I have researched this issue before writing this post and everyone seemed to have errors that were slightly different to mine(development build not working too). Stuff like naming it to the rts example project etc.

Hi Jason, I knew you had the problem because I looked at the post you had about you not completing your project on the deadline. I am already familiar with development build working, I put that in my question in answerhub. Though the problem with me is, my client(school teacher) are using computers that don’t have the prerequisites for ue4. So I wanted my game to deploy the prerequisites if it detected that they werent already on the machine. Is there any way to do this on development build? Only shipping builds allow this. Any c++ snippets you could point me to?

Thanks Jason for your input

Off the top of my head I’m at a loss, but I’ll look around to see if I can find anything.

I’d love to get this problem fixed myself considering I can’t really release games or at the least I’d like a LEGITIMATE fix, not just work-a-rounds.

Sorry I couldn’t be of more help.

~ Jason