Fail to generate Xcode project with GenerateProjectFiles

I also have this problem

Same here, I cannot run the UnrealQFEInstaller because it is damaged.
Any ideas ?

1 Like

Same issue here. No solution yet.

Same “damaged” issue with the latest QFE for getting 5.1 compiling on MacOS with movable lights working.

Same issue here, I’m downgrading to Monterey…

Turns out I could not downgrade to Monterey.

Instead, I uninstalled completely UE5.1 and Xcode, I restarted, I lost the will to live, I reinstalled everything… and 3 hours later, it’s finally working.

1 Like

What started working, the QFEInstaller to fix Xcode 14 compatibility? Or did you install Xcode 13?

Currently it seems,

• you can’t use the QFE installer on Ventura
  • you can’t downgrade to Monterey
  • you can’t install a version Xcode earlier than 14 on Ventura

So C++ projects can’t be created on latest Mac OS

Ugggg I’m in the same boat as you all. QFE damaged is a bunch of *******. It gets worse folks. I was trying to install a QFE because I was getting the error:

Version 5.0.3 - Engine - Platform Mac is not a valid platform to build error with Xcode 14

Mac build error occurred. When I tried to build a plugin for UE5.1 I upgraded to Ventura 13.0.1, skipping OS Monterey only because Unreal 5.1 now requires Xcode 14. And I was on Xcode 12. And to get the most recent version of Xcode, you have to update your OS.

The best part is that I specifically avoid updating Xcode or MacOS because this nonsense happened in the past.

What was normally run a line of terminal code to build my plugin to update the marketplace has turned into a rabbit hole why won’t you build chase.

I was able to build the engine from source today using 5.1 on apple silicon, So I had to update the 5.03 project to 5.1, which required removing a few plugins that had errors by editing the Uproject file. Good luck y’all

I got the same problem trying to create an an c++ actor class
but I’m following a course and it’s using visual studio code to make changes on that class but it just gives me that message , btw I’m using UE5.0.3

@OldSalty Do you mind giving a detailed solution?
I’m on Apple Silicon - BigSur 11.2.3
Xcode 12.5.1
Upgrading from Unreal Engine 5.0.3 to Unreal Engine 5.1.0
I was able to successfully build and run UE 5.0.3 on this system but now at this stage in the process of building from source for 5.1.0 and receiving the same error that this thread started on.

Ok So I have updated my SystemOS/Xcode version:
MacOsx: Monterey 12.6.2
Xcode: 13.2
UnrealEngine: 5.1 Source Code Build

and I am still getting the same error as before:

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Here is the Xcode project screenshot.
Yes I already set
Xcode → preferences → location → command line tools → 13.2

The solution for me was that Command Line Tools 13.2 needed to be reinstalled on system after updating from Big Sur to Monterey even though it was already installed when system was running Big Sur.

Although another strange issue has arisen. If anyone knows what could be causing this or how to fix it?

Following GitHub Install Instructions for Mac:

Now I can successfully Build the following:
Product → Build: ShaderCompileWorker (MyMac)
Product → Build: UE5 (MyMac)

UnrealEditor.app is generated under my /Binaries/Mac/UnrealEditor.app location it opens successfully and the UnrealEditor app runs fine on my machine natively BUT if I try to rebuild the Unreal Editor for any reason:

(i.e- Product → Run UE5 (MyMac) which will rebuild the UnrealEditor.app and then Run it.
OR Product → Build UE5 (MyMac) rebuilding the UnrealEditor.app )

The Next time I try to run the UnrealEditor.app application the UnrealEditor.app crashes: with the debugger throwing a “file not found error”:

‘UnrealEditor-Core.dylib (File System Sandbox Blocked open() )’

Now I know the file exists because:

1. I can see it
    2.the UnrealEditor.app runs fine ONLY when the application is built from a ‘1st time Clean Build’ of the source code.

(i.e-if I run:
Product → Clean ShaderCompileWorker (MyMac)
Product → Clean UE5 (MyMac)

and then repeat the steps to Build UnrealEditor.app )

the application works again and continues to work even closing quitting and reopening the app it continues to work. ONLY if I REBUILD the application it throws the above error and then I have to rebuild the entire application from scratch again after running Product → Clean to fix the issue with the above error which takes about 1.5 hrs - 2 hrs. Not incredibly undoable but something just doesn’t seem right about this. Any idea as to what could cause this?

Evan

Bummer that this is still troubling you, unfortunately for you I haven’t had the same errors. And was able to build unreal 5.1 in xcode following the unreal documentation. I have a feeling 5.2 will be released soon which may have native support for apple silicon (as in just use epic games launcher version).

I had the same problem on Ventura using Xcode 14.2 and UE 5.1.1
I resolved it using these commandline.

cd ..../Epic Games/UE_5.1/Engine/Build/BatchFiles
./RunUAT.command Turnkey -command=verifySDK -platform=Mac

It seems that Unreal Engine requires an older version of Xcode and command line tools to create a project, but on Ventura, it is not possible to install Xcode 13.x or earlier versions.

I think It is recommended to avoid upgrade macOS to recent version if possible.

can you share this file UEBuildPlatformSDK.cs hack? for xcode 14