Fade In Game Menu (no matinee)

So I’m making a game and I’m trying to get the game to fade into the splash screen. However, matinee doesn’t work, I’ve tried timeline but it doesn’t work. Is there a way to do this? Preferably able to fade at any time as well.

The UMG system has an animation panel which you can fade in and out the UMG panels, by making animations and executing them from blueprint. If you wanted to fade to black for example, you could spawn a UMG that fades to black; being above the scene it will fade everything to black.

Matinee definitely works since I just tried to fade it and out.

Matinee is definitely the easiest 1 since it has the function in there “Fade to Black” and you can just play it forwards or backwards.

UMG is another method.

Or in Epic’s recent blog post from a developer they call out their method of using a box static mesh attached to the players face with a material that animates the opacity.

Matinee is definitely the easiest 1 since it has the function in there “Fade to Black” and you can just play it forwards or backwards.

UMG is another method.

Or in Epic’s recent blog post from a developer they call out their method of using a box static mesh attached to the players face with a material that animates the opacity.