Facial Pose Library Quick Start

Hi Guys,

I don’t seem to get this sorted out, I have been looking everywhere for the content but I just can’t find it. I want to use some basic facial animations for my Metahuman, while using the Metahumans Sample content. According to the Facial Pose Library Quick Start guide I should have the folowing folder when downloading and placing a Metahuman in my project. I tried multiple projects and Metahumans, but the following folder never shows up: Content/MetaHumans/Common/common/PoseLibrary/Face folder.

It’s nice to have some documentation about it, but am I doing something wrong or is the content just not there? Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The metahuman’s were updated to version 5 and the poses vanished
I just converted all my projects to UE5 and the mh5 models don’t have the poses and idles that the version 4 ones did.
We should have a pack with emotions and all of the phoneme sets
Thre should be basic idles and a set of standard actions that would go in a state machine
Poses are necessary
I don’t want to control rig everything, that’s a waste of my time
What a huge disappointment.
The version 4 metahumans had the poses and idles!

I don’t understand why the MH for version 5 wouldn’t be able to have the poses as well. Can’t you transfer the poses from the UE4 Metahumans to the UE5 Metahumans? If that would be possible I would need to reinstall UE4 again…

Why doesn’t the Metahumans Sample project for UE5 come with those poses anyway, there are some body poses available, but that’s it, not a single facial pose. I really don’t understand the logic for this, instead of going forward and build on making the experience better, they start removing things.

I have face expression poses.
Metahumans → Common → Common → Pose Library - > Face

There is a whole set of sitting, idling, turning, standing, pplus face poses.
without the poses downloading a metahuman is a a waste of my time
because I will have to redownload it when they put the poses back in.

Well I finally managed to get the Facial Pose Library working, I started a completely new project with the 3rd person template and downloaded one of the basic Metahumans. When I add those I do get the folder with the pose library. It doesn’t work with any existing projects, you really need to ceeate a new one.

After that you can migrate the Pose Library to your existing project and use it.
A shame the Idle animation from the Metahumans creator isn’t available, that’s the best animation in my opinion.

3 Likes

How do we get those pose assets converted to animations we can use in sequencer?