Facebook integration in UE4

Does anyone have this really working? There was a good moment for UE4 with gameDNA facebook plugin but after they dissapeared with all their support I can’t really see how to get this working in any easy way.

If you want to do any serious marketing for your project with facebook you are going to need their API working otherwise you’ll be blind where your money go.

Cheers!

Hi. Yes, mobile publishers won’t even talk to us without FB analytics integrated. :frowning:

Epic team! Can you please provide any instructions on built-in “Online Subsystem Facebook” plugin? @VictorLerp @Amanda.Schade
It’s not documented, if we just enable it, there’re errors in packaging log:
UATHelper: Packaging (Android (ETC2)): Facebook SDK not found in C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.25\Engine\Plugins\Online\OnlineSubsystemFacebook\Source\ThirdParty\Android\NotForLicensees\FacebookSDK

Probably we must manually download and copy something from Facebook SDK repository? (but I’ve no idea, there’re no docs at all)

I’ve got some information that Nineva Studios is preparing the Facebook plugin in the future so we can hope for quick development. Also some rumours say that gameDNA developer guy is back and he is gonna to update the plugins soon. But yeah I wish there is some native support in UE4 like it is in Unity :frowning:

Any news on this?

Where do you get those rumors? :rolleyes:

Well, the FB plugin from Nineva Studios is already there. Got it working on our project and I can confirm that it is working really nice. Situation about gameDNA looks same like before :-/ even after I’ve heard some information they should be back, however it looks like it was a false alarm.